On the Myth of Multitasking - Another Definition

The definition I gave in the previous post is important, because any another definition for multitasking could hardly be controversial and would definitely not challenge the conventional wisdom.

For example, to say that multitasking is simply doing more than one thing at once is so vague that we would all say we can multitask (breathing + another activity). It could also be interpreted to mean we have more than one thing going on at a time in our lives--which is always true. I currently have two and a half jobs (soon to be one and a half, once my wife finishes her maternity leave). I also have several books that are at various stages of completion. I have home projects. I have life goals.

So a vague definition simply will not do.

Comments

Popular Posts