Newest Linguist: Étienne Kenji Patterson

Blogging has been light here (nowhere close to my quixotic goal of at least a post a day), due largely to the entrance into this world of our second son: Étienne Kenji Patterson.

He was born three weeks early on August 29, 2011, weighing in at 15 lbs. 12 oz. or 2.6 kg.

My wife and I chose the name Étienne mainly because we liked it (French for Stephen). I suppose that is why parents of our generation usually choose names? The middle name is Japanese (as is our other son's middle name), mainly to remind them of their partial Japanese heritage through their father: though I am not at all Japanese, I spent the majority of my life there (growing up).

Étienne is a very good baby and will undoubtedly make a great polyglot in years to come.

Comments

Popular Posts