My Average Day: Results

I actually did track my daily activities for a week to get an idea of how I spend my average day and to see how I match up against the average American day. I found, first, that some of the categories used in the survey by the Bureau of Labor Statistics did not apply to me: caring for others and other. I care for others, but not in the sense of being a caregiver (i.e., looking after disabled or elderly people). So any time I spent on that, I categorized under household, caring for family, or organizational/civic/religious.

If I remove those two categories where I logged 0 hours, here is what a pie chart of my average day statistics looks like as based on one week of life:


The only other comment I would make is that my telephone/mail/e-mail category would be a lot bigger except that a lot of that time is categorized under work, where I spend a whole lot of time on e-mail.

How about you? If you were to estimate how you spend your time in an average week/day, how would you categorize the hours?

Comments

Popular Posts